Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: film festivals

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hightreason's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sure this topic had to have been touched on here before, but here it is. I want to submit my short super 8 film to festivals and I have no idea where to begin. I have checked filmfestivals.com and, even though it has a large database of festivals, their site is not designed such that I can easily search through them based on topic and location... or entry deadlines. It's very painstaking. Does anyone have any advice on festivals, entering festivals, finding festivals, etc etc. I want all the advice I can get so please everyone reply! : ) My film will probably be between 5 and 8 minutes depending on how editing goes. It's slightly experimental in subject matter and I will finish on video, probably digibeta for the final piece but can dub to other formats. Would be willing to make a film print if the festival looks really promising.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try looking at all the specifically S8 sites and look for festival info there. There is often talk of the "flicker" super 8 festival in L.A. as well as one in Echo Park. Pick up an independent filmmaker magazine and check the pages on festivals and they'll often say what formats they take. Many will want to see a video copy to view first anyway.
    You'll find what you are looking for if you keep looking.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do multiple web searches, start bookmarking sites, leave your name on web lists and you'll soon find yourself with a ton of info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •